- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Administrative Assistant (Part Time) - Office of Financial Grants and Scholarships
The Office of Financial Grants and Scholarships seeks an Administrative Assistant to perform as per the following job responsibilities and qualifications.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and professional demeanor.
- Respond to a high volume of in-person, email, and telephone inquiries regarding Merit-Based Scholarships, Financial Grant, Family Tuition Grant, and/or any other AUS scholarships.
- Counsel students on all matters related directly to the students Merit Scholarship, financial grant/other scholarships.
- Attend Open Days, exhibitions and school visits.
- Manage the office reception.
- Monitor inventory of files and stationery and report shortages.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Financial Grants and Scholarships.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Four–year degree or two-year degree with a minimum of three years of experience in the administrative field or other relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in Arabic.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Flexible, detail-oriented, proactive, pleasant, trustworthy and diligent.
- Work well under pressure, during late hours and on weekends whenever required. Flexible in work schedule and assignments.
- Have the ability to function independently and as part of a small team.
Applicants with a valid resident visa can send their application to: [email protected] mentioning the job ad in the subject line.
The selected applicant with a valid resident visa should provide AUS with a Letter of No Objection from their sponsor before joining.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139.