- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Administrative Policy Manager-Office of Institutional Research and Analysis (Part-time)
American University of Sharjah (AUS) establishes administrative policies to align operations, set behavioral expectations across the university, ensure compliance with governmental and accrediting entities, mitigate institutional risk, and communicate policy roles and responsibilities. The Office of Institutional Research and Analysis seeks an Administrative Policy Manager who will be responsible for administering the university’s Policy on Policy Management, and coordinating administrative portfolios in the creation, updating, and sun setting of administrative policies as needed.
- Develop a Policy on Policy Management for review and approval.
- Conduct an initial review of all university policies to ensure clarity and consistency and develop a regular policy review schedule.
- Create administrative policy templates that ensure a consistent presentation of information across administrative portfolios.
- Establish and maintain a policy indexing or numbering system to allow for easy policy retrieval and communication.
- Convene and chair the AUS Administrative Policy Committee consisting of administrative policy owners in order to facilitate periodic review of existing policies or creation of new ones.
- Maintain official versions of policy files and practice other version control practices.
- Edit draft policy documents to ensure consistent writing style and appropriate integration with other university policies.
- Collaborate with the Office of Strategic Communication and Marketing to create and maintain a university policy website in order to assist efforts of policy owners to communicate university policy.
- With approval of university leadership, issue expedited or interim policies when legal requirements or significant institutional risk exists and there is insufficient time to complete standard review and promulgation protocols.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
The ideal candidate for this position will be a person who possesses the following knowledge, skills and abilities as listed below and which may have been acquired through completion of a library science, law, English, international relations or related degree program.
- Ability to create and edit technical documents including policies and procedures.
- Ability to draft technical documents with high readability.
- Skill in critical thinking using logic and reasoning to identify strengths, weaknesses and alternatives.
- Skill in active listening by giving full attention to what other people are saying and points that are being made.
- Ability to develop systems to organize, track and maintain policy documents.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to email@example.com. The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139