- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Career Services Coordinator-College of Arts and Sciences
The AUS College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) welcomes applications for the position of Career Services Coordinator. The coordinator leads and oversees all aspects of CAS career services and the internship program, including providing opportunities for career and internship exploration; career advising and planning; the development of job search skills and strategies, CV writing and interviewing skills; and developing long-term employer relationships and increasing employment and internship opportunities and professional connections for all CAS students and alumni. The coordinator works for the CAS Dean’s Office and will be regularly reporting to the dean.
Job Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Develop long-term employer relationships and increase employment and internship opportunities and professional connections for all CAS students and alumni.
- Create, manage and update a list of current and potential employers for all programs in CAS.
- Carry out career advising and guidance to students through consultation and other activities (plans for students from year 1 to 4).
- Organize targeted career events involving current employers and alumni such as career fairs, company days on campus, class visits, alumni networking events and other relevant events.
- Manage internships for all CAS majors and coordinate with associate deans, heads of departments and departmental internship coordinators.
- Organize skills-building workshops:
- Resume and cover letter writing workshops specific to the discipline and career path.
- Job interviewing workshops including mock interview sessions and creating an interview questions bank (discipline-specific questions, standard questions, behavioral questions, effective answers, how to ask questions, thank you letter, etc.)
- Produce employer guide and other relevant informational material targeting employers to market our services, internship program, students and graduates.
- Network and organize site visits where appropriate.
- Keep abreast of needs and expectations of employers and changing trends within the job market relevant to the programs offered in CAS.
- Engage with potential future students and parents of future students on the trends of the job market in the region and globally and the job prospects of AUS graduates.
- Serve as point of contact for CAS alumni in the region and abroad.
- Conduct periodical surveys of alumni, students, current and potential employers.
- Maintain a reliable and sustainable electronic database for all CAS career counselling and internship activities.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the disciplines represented in the college, higher education, student affairs, human services or related fields.
- Three to five years of professional experience in career services, higher education or related fields.
- Experience in designing and implementing outreach activities and programming in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship building with private and government sectors.
- Demonstrated experience in effective collaboration and communication with students, faculty, staff and external constituents.
- Ability to utilize new technology, including database software and social media platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal, public speaking and written communication skills.
- The position requires travel within the UAE.
- Valid UAE driving license.
- Owns a car.
- Graduate degree
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to email@example.com. The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139