- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Director | Institutional Research and Analysis
American University of Sharjah seeks an experienced Director of Institutional Research and Analysis to provide leadership and direct the development and implementation of a comprehensive institutional research and analysis strategy in order to enable the accurate analysis and reporting of institutional data; the oversight, collection and maintenance of institutional databases; the establishment and implementation of institutional assessment protocols, activities and reports; and leadership of the university’s accreditation efforts. In addition, the Director will oversee all efforts for a centralized, systemic and comprehensive policy management system.
Functional Strategy and Plans
- Provide accurate and targeted information that provides baseline information and reports in support of AUS institutional planning efforts, and anticipated data requests.
- Direct and engage the departmental team by overseeing their recruitment, training, development and performance management to ensure high levels of technical competence and commitment to the university.
- Direct the monitoring and tracking of the KPI achievement levels against targets annually to ensure visibility on strategy implementation and initiate corrective actions when required.
- Direct external data research and benchmarking efforts, as well as internal data collection and analysis in order to produce useful reports, models and actionable information to support decision making at the board and senior management levels.
- Develop analysis to support recruitment and marketing efforts, student retention and strategic planning.
Accreditation and Assessment
- Provide institutional leadership and management of the UAE CAA re-licensure and the institutional accreditation of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Provide proactive leadership of the administrative assessment effort across the institution.
- Provide oversight and direction to the Manager of Institutional Assessment.
- Provide support in formulating measurable outcomes for academic and non-academic administrative units on an asneeded basis.
- Support assessment efforts within the AUS colleges/school by advising on effective assessment, measurement and evaluation practices.
- Oversee the development and implementation of institutional assessment tools and processes.
- Create reports for campus administration to facilitate decision-making, assessment, planning and policy development.
- Manage the institutional assessment reporting tool and ensure campus-wide implementation.
- Administer all training on the use of the institutional assessment reporting tool.
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Oversee the production of the Institutional Fact Book on a regular basis.
- Oversee, regularly update and maintain the institutional databases used to develop key institutional benchmarks and the campus dashboard.
- Lead research and analysis efforts to monitor and assess the internal and external strategic contexts (e.g., sector trends, governance roles, economic and social drivers, etc.) to anticipate their potential impact on the university.
- Ensure the analysis of data using standard analytical and statistical techniques and the preparation of meaningful and impactful reports to serve as a sound basis for strategic decision-making by the senior management team.
- Provide data to Academic Affairs for program review and accreditation.
- Plan and develop analytical protocols and statistical models as a response to institutional needs.
- Oversee timely required data submissions to local and specialized international accreditation agencies.
- Lead efforts to fix any issues with data collection related to required submissions.
- Develop effective business relationships with relevant external entities such as accreditation bodies, auditors, consultants, etc. with the highest standards of business ethics, while promptly attending to all critical issues in order to ensure the services required by the institution are delivered in the most effective manner.
Budget and Planning
- Recommend the department budget and continuously monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the institution is aware of anticipated costs, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and potential areas of cost reduction or performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
Policies, Procedures and Processes
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the department policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of the department's activity so that all relevant procedural requirements and standards are fulfilled while ensuring that AUS delivers world-class services to all its stakeholders and constituencies.
- Lead the office efforts in developing a centralized and systemic institutional policy management system.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in education or an appropriate field.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in the institutional research office of a higher education institution.
- Demonstrated competence in research processes, including data collection, analysis, standardized/statistical reporting, use of statistical methods, and use of computer hardware and software pertinent to institutional research.
- Demonstrated ability to extract data from the IPEDS databases.
- Ability to use statistical database, spreadsheet and word-processing computer programs to translate quantitative data into usable information for planning, assessment and other purposes.
- Experience in survey design, administration and analysis, and in reporting institutional data.
- Knowledge of issues in higher education and the ability to conduct appropriate literature searches to obtain information to support strategic planning.
- Business acumen.
- Experienced in the benchmarking and use of IPEDS information and Common Data sets.
- Ability to produce semesterly reports to the Ministry of Education in the form of CHEDS-specific data.
- Ability to lead university efforts in mitigating any data-shortage issues or in fixing any data collection problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of academic dynamics and processes.
- Written and verbal fluency in English.
- Ability to understand written Arabic is preferred.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to [email protected].
The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139.