- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Executive Director | Advancement and Alumni Affairs
The Executive Director of Advancement and Alumni Affairs will lead the strategic direction and operations to develop and implement a comprehensive program that will provide meaningful opportunities for alumni to contribute to the work of the university and to strengthen their ties to AUS, including career development, events and programs. The position works in conjunction with the Chancellor and the Resource Development/Advancement Committee of the AUS Board of Trustees to oversee a multi-year resource advancement campaign.
- Identify and develop prospects for university advancement.
- Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive strategy and programs for alumni relations that are designed to provide meaningful opportunities for personal and career development, and events and programs that enhance relationships and create loyalty and connections.
- Develop and manage total alumni engagement plans that will build life-long connections that will promote and foster effective alumni relations and facilitate continued engagement.
- Lead and create opportunities for university employees, alumni and potential donors to interact that will enhance relationships.
- Enhance engagement with alumni and corporate partners through positive and consistent communication. Oversee all communication and online content aimed at alumni and corporate partners.
- Represent the university and lead the effort to maximize the donation of resources and grow the university’s endowment.
- Ensure that databases for alumni, corporate partners and development prospects are continuously developed and maintained for ease of record-keeping and accessibility.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of five years' experience of progressive alumni relations and advancement
- Strong experience of engaging with diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Public speaking experience preferred.
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse professionals
- Must be flexible to work after hours on weekends and to travel if necessary
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to [email protected].
The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139.