- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Instructional Design Assistant
The Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning is seeking a full-time Instructional Design Assistant to provide administrative and instructional design support for instructional design initiatives at the center.
Job Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Execute a variety of administrative, clerical, technical, and service functions to assist the director.
- Assist with special projects/initiatives, including workshops, symposia, and special events.
- Support the development, review and design of instructional materials, accessible documents, videos, and/or other resources for online and blended course delivery.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, or similar relevant field.
- One year of similar experience with higher education instructional design, technology and teaching.
- Video editing/voice-over software.
- Conducting webinars.
- Web design and development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in instructional content design with mastery in graphic design software and apps (such as Adobe Creative Suite, Storyline, Captivate and iPremier) and Learning Management Systems (preferably Blackboard).
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts.
- Communicate effectively in visual, oral, and written form and deliver engaging presentations to the AUS community.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to [email protected].
The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139.