- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
The Student Engagement and Leadership Department (SEL) seeks a Receptionist/Storekeeper to provide customer service and attend to the Student Center front desk and interact pleasantly with students and visitors, among other related job responsibilities.
- Attend to the front desk and monitor all areas of the Student Center.
- Proactively implement the rules governing the use of the Student Center.
- Ensure the safety of students in the Student Center at all times.
- Perform various front desk tasks and administer the lost and found section.
- Conduct daily inspection of all Student Center facilities, equipment and furniture and request for maintenance if required.
- Maintain the department’s bulletin boards around campus.
- Maintain an organized filing system and keep all keys secured at all times.
- Attend to the storage rooms and keep track of stored items by maintaining up-to-date inventories using Microsoft Access.
- Receive, document and verify items purchased by the department.
- Support student clubs and organizations with the check-in and check-out process of club event materials and ensure proper documentation.
- Assist and guide the AUS Logistics representative during fixed asset inventories and cycle count of Student Center assets. Ensure that all assets are accounted for.
- Provide safekeeping of the department’s club cars and ensure that they are in good working condition at all times. Make sure to abide by the university’s policy on the use of club cars.
- Check the shared events calendar on a daily basis to know scheduled events, operational requirements and to provide logistical support.
- Sort, identify and organize requirements for each event and send the corresponding work orders to the AUS call center no later than 24 hours before the event commences.
- Follow up with electrical, carpentry, audio/video, cleaning and shifting work orders to ensure that services are delivered on time for the event.
- Provide logistical support to all student club events and to all other events hosted in the Student Center. Ensure that event venues are organized and all equipment and event materials are secured after the event.
- Assist in the transportation of event materials around campus, including manual loading and unloading of materials.
- Actively assist in the organization, implementation and supervision of on- and off-campus events and activities including major events such as the New Student Orientation, Club Fair and Global Day.
- Lead, supervise and work side-by-side with a team of student employees working in the Student Center.
- Assign schedules and duties to student employees in a manner that maximizes their productivity and promotes practical learning experiences.
- Identify areas of improvement in the Student Center to enhance services and facilities.
- Perform other duties as maybe assigned by the Director of SEL from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Two-year diploma degree.
- Two years of relevant experience, preferably in an academic/higher education environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Ability to coordinate and manage processes related to office functions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; Arabic is an advantage.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139