- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Senior Budget and Planning Analyst
The responsibilities of the Senior Budget and Planning Analyst involve participating in the activities of the Budget and Planning Office (BPO), which include the annual budget development process, maintaining and monitoring the university’s budgets, preparation of periodic and ad-hoc reports, multi-year financial models and frequent communication with all stakeholders. Using technological expertise, this position is responsible for providing key support to the BPO in every aspect of budget-related matters, timely and accurate financial report preparation, and seamless day-to-day operation of the office. The Senior Budget and Planning Analyst will work closely with the Senior Manager–Budget and Planning, Director of Budget and Planning, Chief Operating Officer, Finance Department and Human Resources Department, and will need to interact with employees at all levels including the university's senior management.
- Prepare detailed financial analyses of educational programs undergoing accreditation, as well as conduct necessary research to prepare statistical reports for external parties and governmental agencies.
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting and analyze data to create multi-year financial sustainability models for planning and decision support.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis; identify trends and make recommendations for improvements.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex financial and non-financial data sets.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Be involved in the university’s annual budget development process for each fiscal year, which includes collaborating with department heads and other stakeholders to develop the university’s annual and multi-year budgets.
- Prepare periodic statements including budget status reports and spending reports.
- Assist in the preparation of necessary analysis statements and financial reports for Board of Trustees meetings.
- Conduct regular monitoring and analysis of budgets during the fiscal year for all departments and units within the university, and advise on necessary transfers across cost centers and account lines.
- Communicate regularly with employees across the university regarding queries addressed to the BPO.
- Perform day-to-day operations of the BPO.
- Assume the responsibilities of other members in the BPO in their absence.
- Assume other responsibilities assigned by the Senior Manager–Budget and Planning.
Qualifications, Job-Specific Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or related field.
- Professional qualification, such as CMA, ACCA, ACA, CPA.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in an equivalent position, preferably in a higher education institution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in working with MS Office with expert-level knowledge in MS Excel.
- Expertise in using data query/data management tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with an ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139