American University of Sharjah

Faculty and Staff Visa Services

Faculty and Staff Visa Services

Visas for Faculty and Staff

The Immigration Office within the Public Relations Department helps faculty and staff with immigration issues.

For more information, send an e-mail to, call +971 6 515 2117, or visit the Public Relations Department, located on the West Mezzanine floor of the Main Building (MM19c).

Entry Permit for Employment: This is the initial permit that allows AUS employees to enter the country and work. It is valid for a short period of time and must be replaced by a residence sticker (also referred to as a residence visa).

Visit Visa: This is the visa provided to visitors and is the initial visa allowing dependents of faculty and staff to enter the country.

Residence Sticker: This is the same as a residence visa. It is issued after and replaces the Entry Permit (for employees) or the Visit Visa (for dependents). It is required for employment and for dependents to remain in the country. The residence visa is affixed in the passport and indicates that a person is legally living in the UAE.

Maid Employment Visas: Upon approval of the Executive Director of Human Resources Paula M Doyle, we will help faculty and staff obtain visas for their maids. An AED 500 fee will be charged.