Acquisitions and Resource Management Librarian
The AUS Library is seeking an energetic and knowledgeable Acquisitions and Resource Management Librarian to join its service-oriented team. Reporting to the AUL for Technology and Technical Services, the successful candidate will work closely with library colleagues to provide an integrated approach to the acquisition and management of the library's electronic, print and media resources.
- Acquisitions, licensing, implementation, assessment and ongoing maintenance of the library print and electronic collections.
- Coordinating with the Cataloging and Metadata Librarian to arrange description and control of resources in the library's WMS system.
- Troubleshooting problems arising from ordering, subscription, licensing or access-related technical issues including linking and discovery.
- Collecting and analyzing collection usage statistics.
- Provide oversight for document delivery.
- An ALA-accredited MLS degree
- Minimum of 3 years' experience
- Knowledge of web-based applications and environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior technology skills with openness to emerging technologies
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to initiate and complete projects in a timely and independent manner
- Familiarity with standards such as EDI/EDIFACT, OpenURL, COUNTER, SUSHI
- Knowledge of metadata standards and formats including MARC, KBART, Dublin Core, AACR2, RDA, LCSH
- 2 years' experience in print or electronic resource management, commercial knowledge-bases or digital serials management
- Experience working in a university or research environment
- Experience with OCLC WMS or other library services platform