The Physics Department at The American University of Sharjah seeks an MS in Physics to fill in a laboratory instructor position. The successful candidate will teach introductory as well as advanced laboratory courses offered by the department and will carry out other related activities as requested by the Laboratory Supervisor and the Department Head. In addition, the candidate is expected to operate standard and advanced Physics equipment and software.
- Teach laboratory sessions, introductory and advanced, and carry out other related activities as assigned by the department head by the Laboratory Supervisor and the Department Head
- Give pre-laboratory presentations
- Administer and grade laboratory quizzes
- Grade laboratory reports
- Assist students with various aspects of course work
- Prepare and try out experiments
- Monitor completion of work assignments
- Keep a logbook of all experiments performed
- Handle recording of grades and attendance
- Assist in orders for supplies and equipment
- Ensure compliance with the University's safety regulations and respond immediately to any violations, potential hazardous situations and dangerous behavior
- Support faculty with laboratory-related and outreach activities
- Substitute for other lab instructors as needed
- Proctor exams with faculty, whenever needed.
- Operate standard and advanced Physics equipment and software
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Master's Degree in Physics obtained within the last five years.
- Two to three years related experience in similar position.
- Good Communication Skills in English.