Acquisitions and Resource Management Librarian
The AUS Library is seeking an energetic and knowledgeable Acquisitions and Resource Management Librarian to join its service-oriented team. Reporting to the AUL for Technology and Technical Services, the successful candidate will work closely with library colleagues to provide an integrated approach to the acquisition and management of the library's electronic, print and media resources.
- Acquisitions, licensing, implementation, assessment and ongoing maintenance of the library print and electronic collections.
- Coordinating with the Cataloging and Metadata Librarian to arrange description and control of resources in the library's WMS system.
- Troubleshooting problems arising from ordering, subscription, licensing or access-related technical issues including linking and discovery.
- Collecting and analyzing collection usage statistics.
- Provide oversight for document delivery.
- An ALA-accredited MLS degree
- Minimum of 3 years' experience
- Knowledge of web-based applications and environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior technology skills with openness to emerging technologies
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to initiate and complete projects in a timely and independent manner
- Familiarity with standards such as EDI/EDIFACT, OpenURL, COUNTER, SUSHI
- Knowledge of metadata standards and formats including MARC, KBART, Dublin Core, AACR2, RDA, LCSH
- 2 years' experience in print or electronic resource management, commercial knowledge-bases or digital serials management
- Experience working in a university or research environment
- Experience with OCLC WMS or other library services platform
Mechanical Engineering Lab Instructor
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the American University of Sharjah invites applications for laboratory instructor appointments. Instructors in the department of Mechanical Engineering cover three main tracks:
- Thermo-Fluids track
- Design and Manufacturing track
- Dynamics and Control track
We are seeking enthusiastic and dynamic candidates, with strong technical and hands on skills, in all areas of Mechanical Engineering. The candidate must have a bachelor's degree and an earned master degree in mechanical engineering or related areas. Duties will include teaching undergraduate laboratory courses, at both introductory and advanced levels, and assisting in departmental functions and duties. Teaching experience in an American model of higher education and/or work experience in North American industry are highly desirable.
Applicants should fill out an application form and upload the required documents (PDF) using the following link. The required documents are a cover letter and a detailed curriculum vitae. Candidates are required to classify their area of expertise in one of the three Mechanical Engineering tracks listed above. Review of applications will begin in December 2015 and will continue until the positions are filled. The successful candidates are expected to assume duty on August, 2016.
The successful candidates will join an established and growing department with a great ambition to serve the industrial needs of UAE and the Gulf region. The Department currently has 20 full-time faculty positions, approximately 600 undergraduate students and 30 graduate students. AUS is located in the Emirate of Sharjah, one of the seven emirates within the United Arab Emirates. The UAE is a highly diversified, technologically advanced and secure country with an excellent reputation for tourism, business, and engineering. The University, founded in 1997, is a private, not-for profit, co-educational institution with a healthy mix between teaching and research activities.
Additional information about the university and the Mechanical Engineering Department can be found at www.aus.edu. More information about the location of AUS is available here.