- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
21st Annual Global Finance Conference
The 21st Global Finance Conference will be hosted by American University of Sharjah, March 31-April, 2014 at the JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai. Professor Narjess Boubakri of AUS will serve as Program Co-Chair and Global Financial Imbalances, Stability and Sustainability is the theme of conference.
Papers/proposals in these categories are solicited:
- Competitive papers: Complete paper submitted by deadline; considered for the Best Paper Awards.
- Work-in-progress: Abstract submitted by the deadline; paper is to be completed by conference date.
- Proposals for panels, workshops and tutorials.
- Doctoral student papers: One of the top awards is for this category.
Please submit your paper/proposal electronically via the Global Finance Conference website . The first page should contain the title, track identification number (see conference topics below) and author's name, affiliation, address, email, phone and fax. The body of the paper should not have any author identification and must begin with the paper title and abstract. All entries will be refereed through a double-blind review process. Authors of accepted papers may submit a two-page detailed abstract for the 2014 GFC e-Proceedings.
The top six papers presented at the conference will be awarded on a competitive basis and will be considered for publication in a special issue of the Global Finance Journal. One of the awards is dedicated to the doctoral student papers.
- Asset Allocation//Hedge Funds/ETFs/SWFs
- Banking and Financial Services/Investment Banking
- Country Risk/Debt Issues/Insurance/Reinsurance
- Crony Capitalism, Implications and Impacts
- Corporate Governance/Executive Compensation
- Derivatives/Financial Engineering
- E-Business/E-Finance/M-Finance/Social Media
- E-Learning-Education - Best Practices
- Entrepreneurship/Venture Capital
- Emerging Markets
- Ethics/Legal/Regulatory and Taxation Issues
- Family Businesses: International Players
- Financial Crises and Bubbles: Causes/Impact/Solutions
- Financial Markets Integration/Linkages/Segmentation
- Foreign Currency Issues
- Global Imbalances and Sustainability
- Interest-Free Banking/Islamic Finance/Banking
- IPOs/SEOS/Stock buybacks/Privatization
- Market Behavior Efficiency/Inefficiency
- Mergers and Acquisitions/Corporate and State SWFs
- Portfolio Flows and Foreign Direct Investment
- Sustainable Finance/SRI/CSR
For more information, please contact [email protected]