- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Artspot Educational Play: The Tower
Since its creation in 1997, ArtSpot has been deeply involved in exploring alternatives and new sidelights to education through the art of theatre.
The educational value of the play is enhanced by a resource package that target different aspects of the English language. These activities, together with the creative resourcefulness of the teachers, make this project a powerful educational tool.
ArtSpot holds a regular schedule of performances at theatres and schools in over 100 cities. With presence in more than 10 countries across the globe our tours reach new places every day.
What are the advantages of this type of activity when learning a language?
- It entertains whilst extolling human values in the process.
- It preserves the relationship between children and the art of theatre.
- It increases the students interest in learning the language as he or she discovers that English is also useful outside the classroom.
- It challenges the student to understand English spoken by someone other than his or her teacher, thus improving the students listening comprehension.
- In the days prior to and following the event the students are highly motivated due to the expectation of watching the play. Teachers can use the written and audio resources provided to take advantage of this motivation.
- Working with songs from the play is an excellent opportunity to learn new vocabulary while having fun.