- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Fourth Biennial International Conference of the Global Accounting and Organizational Change (GAOC)
The Global Accounting and Organizational Change (GAOC) research network is committed to high-quality research on contemporary issues in organizational and accounting change. In association with the Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change (JAOC), it aims to provide a platform for international researchers and practitioners from multiple disciplines to disseminate information on organizational and accounting systems change. The 2014 GAOC conference will be organized by American University of Sharjah Department of Accounting, School of Business Administration (Sharjah, UAE), with La Trobe University Centre for Public Sector Governance, Accountability and Performance (Melbourne, Australia) and the Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change (Emerald Publishing, UK).
The theme of the conference is "Managing organizational change through good governance and sustainable performance management practices."
Papers are sought from a variety of theoretical and methodological perspectives. We welcome manuscripts from any emerging and developed economies both in the public and private sectors on the following areas:
- Role of accounting in sustainable management
- Accounting for good governance
- Accounting as a force for social change
- Accounting and accountability in social ventures
- Financial innovation, sub-prime mortgage and the change in financial regulation
- Governance, accounting and performance measures adopted by nonprofit organizations
- Performance management and the Balanced Scorecard
- Accounting change in transitional and developing economies
- Professional ethics, risk and ethical management
- Public sector reform and accounting change
- Corporate failure and auditing change
- International donor agencies, development economics and accounting change
All submissions should be sent via email to [email protected].
For more information please visit the conference site: www.aus.edu/fbgaocc.