- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Introduction to High-Performance Computing
The Office of the Chancellor cordially invites you to the workshop Introduction to High-Performance Computing (HPCs), presented by distinguished speakers Dr. Muataz Al-Barwani (NYU Abu Dhabi), Benoit Marchand (NYU Abu Dhabi) and Dr. Dureid El Moghraby (Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi).
Faculty, Researcher & Student Workshop 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Uses of HPC
- Parallel and throughput computing
- Examples of HPC research applications
- Moving applications and codes to the HPC
- Managing the data lifecycle
- HPC user training (how to and access)
Technical Team Workshop 2:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
- HPC technologies
- Gathering the requirements (computational and infrastructure)
- Building an RFP and the procurement process
- Installing, provisioning and managing an HPC cluster
- Supporting the operation of an HPC system
- HPC training of users & IT/sysadmins/ application specialists
About the Speakers
Dr. Muataz Al-Barwani is the Director of the High Performance and Research Computing Center at NYU Abu Dhabi. He received his PhD in Theoretical Physics from the University of Bristol in 2000.
Benoit Marchand is a Senior Computational Scientist at the High Performance and Research Computing Center at NYU Abu Dhabi. He received his MBA from HEC Montréal in 2004.
Dr. Dureid El Moghraby is the Research Computing Manager at Masdar Institute of Science and Technology. He received his PhD in Physics from the University of Leeds in 2005.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.