- Research and Graduate Studies
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Mapping Arabic Heritage: Language, Literature and Culture, Past and Present
The Department of Arabic and Translation Studies (ATS) at American University of Sharjah, with the support of the Center of Gulf Studies (CGS), and the British Society for Middle Eastern Studies (BRISMES), invite submissions for paper presentations for this event, which covers all areas related to Arabic heritage, including Arabic language and linguistics, literature, culture, translation and Islamic studies. Abstracts of original research in the following fields are welcomed:
- Theoretical and applied issues in Arabic language and linguistics, including linguistic analysis, Arabic language teaching, Arabic dialectology, and the history of Arabic and its contact with other languages.
- Arabic literature studies covering any period from pre-Islamic era to the present.
- Islamic studies and studies on the history and culture of Arab society in any time period.
- Theoretical and applied issues in Arabic translation and interpretation.
These topics should only be considered as general guidelines and are not exhaustive. Any paper dealing with Arabic in its linguistic, cultural, literary or translation context will be considered.
For more information please contact [email protected].
Conference website: http://www.aus.edu/atsbrismes