- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Second International Workshop on Recent Advances in Functional Materials Research
The Materials Science and Engineering Research Institute (MSERI) is pleased to announce the Second Workshop on Recent Advances in Functional Materials Research. The interdisciplinary scope of the workshop will cover a wide range of synthesis and nanofabrication techniques with an overview of their various applications. Topics to be covered include: band structure of functional electronic materials, X-ray and laser spectroscopy of functional materials, lithium ion batteries, electrochemical energy storage materials, metal organic frameworks (MOFs), energy conversion and storage materials, solid oxide fuel cells, Spintronic, and artificial intelligence electronics.
The technical program of the workshop will consist of six keynote lectures delivered by internationally renowned researchers from Stanford University and the University of Kentucky in the US; the University of Kiel-Germany; the Foundation for Research and Technology-Greece; the National University of Singapore-Singapore; and KAUST-Saudi Arabia. The lectures will be followed by roundtable discussions, where participants will have the opportunity to carry out thorough discussions, exchange ideas and explore means of collaboration on different fronts.
- Dr. Michael Bauer, Professor, Department of Physics at University of Kiel
- Dr. Yang-Tse Cheng, Frank J. Derbyshire Professor of Materials Science, Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering at University of Kentucky
- Dr. Mohamed Eddaoudi, Distinguished Professor of Chemical Science and Director of the Advanced Membranes and Porous Materials Center, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
- Dr. Fritz Prinz, Finmeccanica Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering at Stanford University
- Dr. Emmanuel Stratakis, Research Director, Institute of Electronics Structure and Laser (IESL) of the Foundation for Research and Technology- Hellas (FORTH)
- Dr. Thirumalai Venky Venkatesan, Director, Nano Institute; Professor, Departments of ECE, Physics, MSE and NGS; National University of Singapore
For more information about the conference, click here.
For more information on the MSERI, please click here.