Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Management Information Systems
We offer our students diverse courses that cover basic skills and concepts that they will need upon graduation irrespective of the type of job they pursue.
In addition to the specific skills students learn in our MIS courses, they are exposed to:
- managerial skills, such as communication skills, leadership and group work
- business/MIS theory and concepts, such as database management, programming, data communication and systems analysis and design
- IT architecture and infrastructure, such as distributed computing framework and wireless infrastructure
- software and programming language skills, such as Access, SQL, Java and Visual Basic
Successful graduates of our program can choose from a variety of rewarding professional opportunities:
- analyzing and modeling work systems
- analyzing and designing business processes
- managing information services
- evaluating and selecting business solutions
- developing and maintaining advanced systems for information storage
- retrieval and distribution
- planning and developing the corporate data and system architecture.
Our graduates have found work in a number of fields such as banks, government divisions, consulting companies, IT solution providers, industrial markets and IT companies. Well-known corporate names such as General Motors, Federal Express, Oracle ME, Etisalat, IDC ME, HP ME, DNATA, SEWA, MERCATOR, Union Properties, Dubai Financial Market, PriceWaterhouse Coopers and EMOC International, among others, have hired our students for their excellent grounding and qualifications.
With all of these potential career opportunities available, you can see why our program is one of the top choices for MIS students around the region.