School of Business and Management
School of Business and Management
As one of the most well-respected business schools in the region, we prepare tomorrow's global business leaders.
At the School of Business and Management (SBM), we strive to provide high-quality, American-style business education. Our programs provide local and global perspectives, promote critical thinking and develop effective communication skills. Today's effective business professional must have competence in many disciplines, an understanding of a variety of relationships and the ability to analyze evolving business, economic and governmental trends.
Regardless of the specialty area, we ensure that our students must become effective leaders who can organize and motivate groups to serve the goals of their organizations. We believe that in order to effectively adapt business practices to emerging conditions, such as the accelerating growth of technology, communications and the internationalization of the business world, a thorough grasp of current business and economic processes, theory and applications is essential. Our training has resulted in exemplary success, with our graduates being snapped up soon after graduation by some of the biggest multinational corporate names in the world.
Our highly qualified faculty members ensure that our curriculum is in synch with the constantly evolving trends and modes of the marketplace. Our efforts to ensure that our students are provided with the best and most up-to-date methods of instruction have been recognized internationally with accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). This honor makes us part of an elite group, as fewer than five percent of the world's business schools have achieved this prestigious distinction.
Through our philosophy and mode of instruction, we strive to:
- prepare individuals to identify, analyze and understand the interrelationships among business organizations and international, governmental and domestic institutions in the Emirates, the Gulf States and throughout the world
- develop individuals who can ethically lead organizations toward economic success and social and environmental responsibility in the global marketplace of the 21st century
- prepare individuals to integrate information resources and technology to enable them to anticipate and manage change
- advance students' knowledge of issues and practices affecting business organizations, international and domestic institutions, and governments
- develop an awareness of societal and environmental needs and concerns as they relate to ethical, professional and socially responsible business practices
We also provide our students with a solid core business education that emphasizes the following teaching methodologies:
- utilizing the latest American business methods, techniques and technologies to provide cutting-edge business education
- integrating multidisciplinary approaches to teaching and learning, utilizing the latest business and economic theories coupled with real-world business data analysis and presentations
- integrating multimedia and computer-based instruction throughout the foundation business curriculum to assist students in learning the latest techniques in business and management
Please browse our webpages to see the range of degree programs and courses we offer... and to see why SBM is one of the top choices for business students in the Gulf.