- Lab Instruction in Computer Science and Engineering
- Chemical Engineering Lab Instructor position opening
- Lab Instructors - Academic Year 2016
Lab Instruction in Computer Science and Engineering
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) at the American University of Sharjah invites applications for the position Lab Instructor. The successful candidate is expected to prepare lab materials in consultation with the faculty, provide laboratory instruction to students, and contribute to the continuous improvement of lab course materials.
Interested candidates should fill out an application form and upload the required documents (PDF) using the following link.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruction in laboratories related to academic programs in computers science and computer engineering
- Work with faculty to develop lab materials for experiments
- Closely administer lab activities and provide timely feedback to faculty
- Supervise students in a professional manner and grade lab assignments
- Assist students in senior design project activities
- Other duties as assigned by the Department Head
- Master's Degree in Computer Engineering or related area with main focus on microcontrollers and embedded systems programming and interfacing
- Experience in programming microcontrollers such as PIC, Arduino, and Raspberry using assembly language and higher level languages
- Interfacing sensors and actuators to the microcontrollers using amplifiers, shift-registers & relays
- Familiarity with Raspberry Pi Programming and interface using python programming language and configuring as server
- Hands on experience in trouble shooting and maintaining lab equipment.
- Minimum 2 year of relevant experience (in academia or industry)
- Excellent programming skills in C,C++, and Java
- Knowledge of basic networking and network device configuration
- Familiarity with hardware development platforms
- Good communication skills in English (Spoken and Written)
- Review of applications will begin in May of 2016 and will continue until the position is filled.
Chemical Engineering Lab Instructor position opening
The Department of Chemical Engineering (CHE) at the American University of Sharjah invites applications for a position of a Lab Instructor. The successful candidate is expected to provide high quality laboratory instruction to students and trainee, prepare lab materials in consultation with the faculty, and to contribute to the continuous improvement of lab course materials. Following all safety guidelines and enforcing these guidelines at all times for students in the laboratory are essential attributes of this job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct in Chemical Engineering laboratories while monitoring, maintaining, and enforcing all needed safety guidelines
- Compile, administer, grade, and evaluate students' laboratory work
- Work with faculty to prepare and develop laboratory activities and course materials such as syllabi, handouts, and lab manuals
- Closely administer lab activities and provide timely feedback to the department
- Assist students in senior design project activities
- Work with faculty to select and procure materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Follow-up with Procurement lab equipment/materials requisitions and maintain lab inventory.
- Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues
- Provide students course-related experiences outside the classroom, such as field trips
- Participate in student registration and placement activities
- BS and MS Degrees in Chemical Engineering or other related disciplines
- Preferably 2 years of experience in the same or a similar field
- Knowledge of CHE-related software packages such as HYSYS, MATLAB, etc... and programming and IT skills.
- Excellent (spoken, written and reading) communication skills in English
The Department of Chemical Engineering offers BS and MS degrees in Chemical Engineering. The undergraduate program in Chemical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET (www.abet.org). Currently, the College has around 3000 students and 92 full-time faculty members. Please visit www.aus.edu for more information.
Applicants should fill out an application form and upload the required documents (PDF) using the following link. The required documents are a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae. Review of applications will begin in February 2016 and will continue until the positions are filled. The successful candidates are expected to assume duty on August, 2016
Lab Instructors - Academic Year 2016
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the American University of Sharjah invites applications for laboratory instructor appointments. Instructors in the department of Mechanical Engineering cover three main tracks:
1) Thermo-Fluids track
2) Design and Manufacturing track
3) Dynamics and Control track
We are seeking enthusiastic and dynamic candidates, with strong technical and hands on skills, in all areas of Mechanical Engineering. The candidate must have a bachelor's degree and an earned master degree in mechanical engineering or related areas. Duties will include teaching undergraduate laboratory courses, at both introductory and advanced levels, and assisting in departmental functions and duties. Teaching experience in an American model of higher education and/or work experience in North American industry are highly desirable.
Applicants should fill out an application form and upload the required documents (PDF) using the following link. The required documents are a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae. Candidates are required to classify their area of expertise in one of the three Mechanical Engineering tracks listed above. Review of applications will begin in January 2016 and will continue until the positions are filled. The successful candidates are expected to assume duty on August, 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted. The successful candidates will join an established and growing department with a great ambition to serve the industrial needs of UAE and the Gulf region. The Department currently has 20 full-time faculty positions, approximately 600 undergraduate students and 30 graduate students. AUS is located in the Emirate of Sharjah, one of the seven emirates within the United Arab Emirates. The UAE is a highly diversified, technologically advanced and secure country with an excellent reputation for tourism, business, and engineering. The University, founded in 1997, is a private, not-for profit, co-educational institution with a healthy mix between teaching and research activities.
Additional information about the Mechanical Engineering Department can be found here.
If interested, applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to email@example.com. The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS Alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions
American University of Sharjah is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resource Services
PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139