Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
In many fields - including but not limited to engineering, business, science and architecture - mathematics provides both a powerful base for understanding as well as tools necessary for study, research and development. Mathematics is essential to understanding our rapidly changing technologically-based world.
Our graduates have learned to think critically and creatively - skills necessary in a world that demands new ideas and new approaches. Our graduates will fit quickly and easily into a wide range of established and start-up companies.
Upon graduation, our students are able to:
- understand diverse areas in mathematics such as analysis, algebra, discrete mathematics and applied mathematics
- construct and effectively communicate valid mathematical arguments
- carry out thoughtful approaches to problem solving
- apply mathematical analysis and mathematical skills to problems in other disciplines
- formulate problems in mathematical terms from descriptions written in language specific to disciplines associated with engineering, finance and the natural and physical sciences
- define, execute and assist in a wide range of research tasks
- use research skills to remain current in the field