Special Function Leaders Program
Students can be leaders at major university events such as graduation, orientation and Global Day festivities.
Our students are taught how to communicate effectively, act professionally and to respect and exhibit cultural tolerance. Students learn public relations skills through activities such as greeting and directing visitors, organizing crowds and interacting with all sectors of society. Being a part of the Special Function Leaders Program (SFLP) enables our students to build upon their personal and communication skills and helps them learn how to make necessary decisions on the spot when required.
Our program is designed for students who:
- enjoy dealing with people and working at events
- want to lead by example
- are reliable, responsible and committed students
- want to develop their public relation skills
Students who are selected must meet the following criteria:
- minimum GPA of 2.0
- proven record of involvement in student activities
- interest in working with all sectors of society
Students who are selected are expected to:
- represent the university positively and professionally
- meet responsibilities as assigned before or during the event
Training for the Special Function Leaders Program will be conducted in Fall 2011. An email will be circulated to all students at the beginning of Fall Semester 2011.
To find out more, please visit the Student Leadership Program office in the Student Center.