Computer Science and Engineering
Students enrolling in the computer science minor should have normally completed a minimum of 60 credits of course work and be in good academic standing.
The following rules apply:
• The minor consists of a minimum of 18 credits, including at least nine credits in courses at or above the 300 level in computer science.
• At least nine credits of the 18 credits required for the minor must be taken in residence at AUS.
• At least six credits of the nine credits at or above the 300 level must be taken in residence at AUS.
• A minimum GPA of 2.00 must be earned in courses completed to satisfy the minor.
Students seeking a minor in computer science must successfully complete the following courses or their equivalent. All course prerequisites must be satisfied.
• Computer engineering students: CMP 305, CMP 310 and COE 420
• All other students: CMP 120, CMP 220, CMP 305 and MTH 213
• Computer engineering students: Students must successfully complete a minimum of nine credits from any 300-level or above CMP courses not cross-listed with COE courses and excluding CMP 490 and CMP 491.
• All other students: Students must successfully complete a minimum of six credits from any 300-level or above CMP courses, excluding CMP 490 and CMP 491. Students may also take COE 370 to meet this requirement.