Click a question to reveal the answer.
Undergraduate Programs FAQs
Q: When is the admissions deadline for Academic Year 2015-2016?
Q: Where and how can someone obtain information on AUS?
Q: Where is AUS accredited?
Q: Is there any office or agency that officially represents AUS overseas?
Q: Does AUS offer afternoon classes, part-time or correspondence programs?
Q: Does AUS provide residency visas for its students?
Q: How long does it take AUS to issue student visas?
Q: What are the majors offered at AUS?
Q: Is AUS affiliated with any other American university?
Q: How do I apply for a master’s degree program?
Q: What is the minimum high school average for admission?
Q: What are the secondary education certificates accepted by AUS?
Q: Does AUS ask for SAT I, TOEFL and IELTS?
Q: Does AUS conduct entrance exams?
Q: If an applicant meets the admission requirements except for the TOEFL score or IELTS score, can he/she still join AUS?
Q: Does AUS conduct TOEFL exams?
Q: What are the procedures for applying?
Q: Does AUS accept transfer students?
In principle, we approve admission of transfer applicants. To be eligible for consideration for admission, applicants should meet the following conditions:
- They are in good academic standing, i.e., not on probation or dismissed from the institution from which they are transferring.
- They are transferring from a recognized and accredited institution of higher education offering learning experiences equivalent to those offered at AUS and have successfully completed one or more semesters in that institution.
- Prior to their admission to the institution from which they are transferring, they met the AUS requirements for admission.
- They meet the English language proficiency requirements of AUS.
- They submit official transcripts of their high school and college/university records along with the syllabi and descriptions of courses they seek to transfer.
- They achieved at their institution a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) as required by AUS. For academic year 2015-2016, the required minimum CGPA is either 2.5 or 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 depending on the type of institution the applicant is transferring from.
Furthermore, the minimum required course grade(s) to consider for transfer is either a C or a B depending again on the type of institution the applicant is transferring from. The appropriate academic division at AUS solely makes the decision on awarding credits.
Q: How many courses does a transfer student have to complete before transferring to AUS?
Q: What is the minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) required from a transfer applicant to be considered for admission?
Q: How long does it take to inform a transfer applicant about the number of credits to be awarded?
Q: Can AUS students transfer to any other institution of higher education in the United States or another country?
Q: What is the maximum number of credit hours that may be transferred to AUS?
Q: What are the tuition fees?
Q: What are the housing fees?
Q: What are the accepted forms of payment?
Q: Does AUS offer scholarships or financial grants to students?
Q: Are transfer students included in the scholarships policy?