About American University of Sharjah
American University of Sharjah (AUS) was founded in 1997 by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammad Al Qassimi, Member of the Supreme Council of the UAE and Ruler of Sharjah, who envisioned the university as a leading educational institution in the Gulf region. American University of Sharjah is an independent, not-for-profit coeducational institution. Consciously based upon American institutions of higher education, AUS is thoroughly grounded in Arab culture and is part of a larger process of the revitalization of intellectual life in the Middle East. AUS is a leading comprehensive coeducational university in the Gulf, serving students from the region and around the world.
Spring 2013 Top Ten Nationalities of all AUS Students.
Spring 2013 Student Enrollment
Total Spring 2013 enrollment: 5,371
|Spring 2013 Enrollment||Head Count|
|Total Spring AUS Enrollment||5371|
*Spring 2013 UG headcount includes 7 post undergraduate transient students
Spring 2013 Undergraduate Student Information
|Average high school GPA of Spring 2013 freshman class||91.70%|
|Average TOEFL score||569|
|Gender of all students|
|Undergraduate Class Size|
|Number of Sections
|Average class size = 23.0
Most common section size = 30
Median section size = 20
|Percentage of Female Students Living on Campus||39.0%|
|Percentage of Male Students Living on Campus||38.4%|
|Percentage of Students Living on Campus||38.7%|
- AUS has 23 sports teams: 13 for males and 10 for females
- AUS has 64 student clubs: 32 cultural clubs and 32 non-cultural clubs
- 508 students participated in community service
- AUS has 272 students working on campus
- 300 students are active in the Student Multicultural Learning Program
About Our Faculty
- There are 346 full-time undergraduate/graduate faculty and 17 AABP faculty
- Approximately 87.86% of full-time faculty hold a terminal degree.
- Approximately 50.6% of full-time faculty are US or Canadian citizens.
- 87.8% of undergraduate/graduate teaching faculty in Fall 2012 are full-time
- 47 nationalities are represented among the faculty.
About Our Alumni
In a recent alumni survey, 94.7% of the respondents indicated that they were working in a field related to their degree.
Total number of alumni nationalities: 82
As of Spring 2013 AUS has awarded 7,441 bachelor degrees and 786 master's degrees.
Below is the most recent information about where AUS Alumni are living.
|Percentage of all alumni who live in the UAE||79.1%|
|Percentage of all alumni who live in Dubai||35.7%|
|Percentage of all alumni who live in Sharjah||25.5%|
|Percentage of all alumni who live in Abu Dhabi||15.6%|