American University of Sharjah is a not-for-profit, independent, institution of higher education formed on the American model.
As a provider of quality higher education in the Gulf, AUS is licensed and its programs are accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in the United Arab Emirates. AUS is accredited in the United States of America by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and by the Department of Education of the State of Delaware.
The successful candidate must be able to deliver the early childhood program to both nursery and kindergarten students. They should also be able to prepare, create and design teaching/learning material and activities for the different age group. The candidate has to be able to instruct students, but also be able to create projects/activities that will help them to, learn, plan and work together to ensure that every student completely understands the material that has been taught.
The AUS Day Care Center has a full time position vacant in the KG1 program working with children aged 3 – 4 years. The successful applicant must have at least three years Pre School experience and hold either the NNEB diploma, Montessori Certificate, a Certificate in childcare or a Diploma in Early Childhood and Education. Excellent English, both oral and written, is a requirement for this position.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the American University of Sharjah invites applications for a position of Lab Instructor. The successful candidate is expected to prepare lab materials in consultation with faculty, to provide high quality laboratory instruction to students and trainees, and to contribute to the continuous improvement of laboratory exercises.
- Instruction in laboratories related to both computer science and computer engineering programs.
- Work with faculty to develop lab materials.
- Closely administer lab activities and provide timely feedback to responsible faculty.
- Supervise students in a professional manner and grade lab assignments.
- Assist students with senior design project activities.
- Instruct using training materials related to industrial academies housed in the college of Engineering.
- Master's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a relevant field.
- Familiarity with UNIX and LINUX platforms.
- Excellent programming skills in C, C++, and Java.
- Knowledge of basic networking and network device configuration.
- Familiarity with hardware development platforms.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years' experience in leading change management and process improvement programs. The candidate must have strong leadership skills, thorough experience in structured process improvement projects and demonstrated implementation of improvement methodologies including Lean Six Sigma. The chosen candidate may be requested to gather and manipulate data on short notice and must be able to effectively handle numerous projects with minimal managerial assistance.
Key skills and experience:
- Knowledge and experience with managing and supporting Operational-related projects
- Strong Organizational and Administrative skills
- Experience in managing projects to drive continuous improvement to reduce costs and improve service both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Perform well under pressure
- Strong Project Management skills is a must
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of management ranging from senior executive level to individual contributors on critical projects and deliver timely updates.
- Advanced skills utilizing Microsoft office to develop and maintain complicated calculations and formulas providing data files in any organizational method requested.
- Strong command of English language in spoken and written form
- Must be able to collaborate and obtain information effectively from people in various positions including executive level personnel with minimal assistance.
- Must be capable of developing workflows using MS Visio in order to display process and explain complicated work environments and offer possible solutions both process and technology type solutions.
- Good command of Arabic is an added advantage.
Assistant to the Dean - College of Architecture and Design (CAAD)
- To assist the Dean in budget analysis and projection including faculty and staff hiring needs
- To assist the Dean in implementing the various internal and external activities
- To assist the Dean in internal and external communication, and developing various policies and procedures that pertain to the College administration
- To oversee the planning and execution of important external initiatives
- To manage the overall administrative support functioning of the Office of the Dean, including supervision of the academic support staff
- Co-ordinate the work flow and assignment of the Secretary, Administrative Assistant and Senior Administrative Assistant, including regular review of workload and support of team
- Supervise the Office Attendant
- Meetings/events coordination within the College and AUS authorities
- Assist in preparation of the CAAD budget, including collecting and compiling budget requests and, in consultation with the Dean, preparing final budget submission to the Provost
- Act as budget control officer, including the issuing of a spending plan, signing authority for purchases (i.e., 1st and 2nd approvals in purchasing process, signing for goods and/or services when originator is unavailable), and preparation and dissemination of budget reports to the respective chairs/director/coordinators
- Prepare for and attend meetings of CAAD Faculty and Dean's Administrative Council (CAC), including preparation and distribution of agendas and minutes
- Assist in preparation of national and international accreditation documents;
- Maintain faculty and staff personnel files, including preparation of faculty files for contract renewal and promotion
- Assist the Dean in other administrative matters as may be requested from time to time
- Bachelor's degree
- Efficient organizational, administrative and time management skills
- Ability to respond and deal effectively with the University community and the general public
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Competence in current technology, computers and information systems
- Thorough familiarity with public relations and media initiatives
In Conjunction with the Operation Support Services Manager, ensure the smooth and safe running of the food and beverage outlets in the American University of Sharjah. You will have the responsibility to develop, innovate and deliver procedures that are based on internationally recognized health and safety standards. This will be achieved by ensuring that all working methods are reviewed and best practice is maintained in all outlets so that they in turn can deliver an excellent and safe product to the staff and students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To Work, and develop relationships with the outlet Administrators to ensure the very best standards are implemented and maintained.
- To ensure strict compliance with all relevant Hygiene and Safety legislation and requirements
- To ensure that the industry best practices with regard to Safety and Hygiene is maintained
- To champion a training culture within the Food and Beverage outlets to ensure that all employees are fully aware of their responsibilities.
- To constantly review the product range to ensure that all key quality standards are maintained.
- To ensure that outlets deliver to contractual agreements.
- To be the first point of contact for the Sharjah Municipality Environmental Health Officer, and be responsible for investigating any alleged food poisoning cases and reporting such instances to the Operation Support Services Manager.
- To organize regular secret shopper visits and prepare reports accordingly which are shared with the outlets.
- To be responsible for the management of all non-food and beverage outlets.
- To develop relationships with all of our auxiliary partners to ensure that all our students, staff and faculty are well served.
- To be the first point of contact in relation to all inquiries related to auxiliary services, including text book ordering, gowns and rings for the graduation ceremony.
- To act as backup to the Administrator, Operations Support Services.
- To conduct regular health and safety audits.
The ideal candidate must be fluent in English, will have worked in the food and beverage industry in a supervisory position and have a food hygiene qualification. Experience of the UAE hygiene regulations are an advantage, as is the ability to speak Arabic.
Provide excellent administrative support to the office, offering clerical assistant, maintain the student leadership activities calendar, and attend to students and provide general information regarding our programs to incoming customers.
- Maintain workflow; manage files and organize recordkeeping systems.
- Coordinate between departments and operating units in resolving day-to-day administrative and operational issues.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, interviews and follow up on logistics pertaining to student travel and participation in regional and international programs.
- Handle requisitions and replenishment of supplies for the department.
- Look after the Director's Office and liaise between the office and the other departments.
- Submit weekly reports pertaining to SLP and compile information for the submission of the monthly report to the department's director.
- Take minutes during the weekly staff meeting.
- Coordinate with the appropriate departments to follow up on requests related to office equipment, moving furniture and hanging banners etc.
- Arrange and follow up on requests related to transportation, required stationery, hotel and flight bookings for our students/staff and conference speakers, and deal with catering requests for SLP events.
- Prepare internal memos and coordinate with internal departments.
- Keep record of department's budget and submit cost estimates for the planned events and trips during the academic year.
- Reserve halls for SLP events and ensure that set up is completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a record of all students participating in our programs and update the database on regular basis.
- Answer to student queries and customer phone calls
- Bachelor's degree is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a relevant field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English and Arabic.
The American University of Sharjah's Department of Campus Development is seeking a qualified architect who has high degree of independent decision making and professionalism. Within the authority limits delegated by the Department Director, the candidate is expected to be capable of assuming complete accountability for all essential functions and responsibilities. Coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of assigned projects.
The applicant must demonstrates advanced technical knowledge in the architecture discipline as well as design management and broad knowledge of engineering systems, calculations and construction methods.
The candidate shall be well versed and experienced in construction of projects that have utilized the International Building Code and the American Disabilities Act guidelines. Experience in academic design would be advantageous.
The candidate shall be well versed in the task of specification writing and experienced in the use of Masterspec.
An accreditation from a recognized sustainability body is a requirement with a registration in Estidama forming an advantage over others. The candidate shall be PMP certified with a proven record of experience in the Middle East.
- 10 proven years of experience with at least 2 of which are based within the GCC.
- Qualification from a recognized architectural body (e.g. AIA, NZIA, RAIA etc...)
- Project management professional with proven experience
- Excellent design and drafting skills with a proficiency in CAD.
- Design management; liaising with external consultants, government authorities and internal stakeholders
- Organizational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent design and drafting skills with a proficiency in CAD.
- Design management; liaising with external consultants, government authorities and internal stakeholders.
- Organizational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to identify, mitigate and manage risks
- An innovative and analytical mind with excellent problem-solving ability.
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team of other professionals.
- Ability to prepare reports and project budgets.
- Software requirements AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Excel, Sustainability Analysis Software (e.g. Ecotect or similar) and 3D Studio Max or Rhino.
- Fluency in Arabic will be an advantage but not a necessity.
- Travel to various stakeholder offices, production facilities or industrial/construction job site.
- Willingness to work long hours with a focus on attaining results.
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
Manager, Contracts and Performance Support
This role is reporting to the Director of Procurement and shall be responsible for developing, reviewing, analyzing and implementing contracts processes and procedures to identify areas of improvement in a cost effective and professional manner. The role holder's prime responsibilities include all pre -contract's activities by executing formal bidding process or directly negotiating, analyzing and drafting contracts' terms & conditions and contracting frameworks/agreements/contracts. The role is also heavily oriented towards providing guidance and advice on contractual and commercial matters and assisting in the development and implementation of internal control framework for contracting processes in order to enhance effectiveness and efficiency. Moreover the role shall be responsible for both Procurement Performance (i.e. SLA, KPIs, etc.) and Suppliers Relationship Management (i.e. identifying new Suppliers/Contractors, Registration & Pre-qualification, Suppliers' Performance, etc.).
- Lead all the activities related to contracts, vendors' registration & pre-qualification, and procurement's performance management.
- Oversee the development of the procurement strategies for establishing long-term framework agreements/contracts.
- Supervise and/or carry out the execution of pre-contract processes and contracts renewals including; tendering, negotiation, awarding, and drafting.
- Analyze, evaluate and negotiate proposals with all stakeholders (i.e. legal, end-users, vendors, etc.), to effectively identify appropriate Total Cost of Ownership while achieving cost savings/optimization and minimizing risks.
- Prepare the award recommendations and obtain necessary approvals.
- Draft agreements/contracts, addendums/variations, LOIs, SLAs, NDAs for various indirect spend categories (i.e. IT, professional services, consultancy, marketing, advertising, supply, acquisition of assets, construction, facilities management, etc.)
- Participate in and resolve commercial disputes/claims with vendors and any third parties.
- Maintain an up-to-date Contracts Library, ensuring accurate and complete information.
- Supervise and/or carry out vendors' registration and pre-qualification formalities
- Maintain an up-to-date Approved Bidders List.
- Lead and supervise vendors' performance review process.
- Establish the procurement performance measurements, (i.e. SLAs, KPIs, etc.).
- Conduct benchmarking studies to identify and recommend best practices
- Develop and implement sound procurement and contracting policies and procedures.
- Lead the automation of procurement processes.
- Coach, mentor and develop assigned resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned by superior.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Engineering/Legal from an accredited institution.
- 10 - 12 years of experience related directly to Procurement/Contracts/Vendors' function, with a minimum of three years managerial experience in handling complex function/unit
- Strong commercial and legal background covering various types of Contracts (i.e. IP, Unit Rate, BPAs, FWAs, FIDIC, etc.)
- Professional Certification in Contracts Management /Procurement / Supply Management (i.e. CIPS, ISM, CPCM, etc.)
- Managerial skills and ability to lead and develop team.
- Strong communication skills
- Solid expertise in ERP procurement related modules, preferably Banner or Oracle, SAP.
- Strong behavioral competencies including; leadership, customer service oriented, integrity, team player, analytical thinking
- Preferably, bi-lingual: English/Arabic
Closing Date for Applications: Until filled
If interested, applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to email@example.com. The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Note: For Temporary Part-time positions the candidates must already be in possession of a residence visa for the UAE. Candidates who are employed in the UAE must provide the university with a Letter of No Objection from their current employer, and have the appropriate governmental approvals. Employment Visas are not provided to temporary staff.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS Alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resource Services
PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139