Hazim El-Baz, Coordinator
The engineering management minor provides students the opportunity to learn how to manage major engineering projects. The content of the courses offered in the minor is a unique blend of engineering tools and business management skills.
Students enrolling in the engineering management minor should have normally completed a minimum of 60 credits of course work and be in good academic standing.
The following rules apply:
• The minor consists of a minimum of 18 credits, including at least nine credits in courses at or above the 300 level in engineering management.
• At least nine credits of the 18 credits required for the minor must be taken in residence at AUS.
• At least six credits of the nine credits at or above the 300 level must be taken in residence at AUS.
• A minimum GPA of 2.00 must be earned in courses completed to satisfy the minor.
Students seeking a minor in engineering management must successfully complete the following courses or their equivalent. All course prerequisites must be satisfied.
• ECO 201 Principles of Microeconomics
• EGM 361 Management for Engineers
• EGM 362 Engineering Project Management
• EGM 364 Engineering Economy (for non-chemical and civil engineering students) or
CHE 332 Engineering Economy or
CVE 367 Project Estimating, Planning and Control
Students must successfully complete a minimum of six credits in courses selected from the following list:
• ACC 201 Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
• CHE 470 Waste Management and Control in Chemical Engineering
• COE 420 Software Engineering
• CVE 451 Urban Water Infrastructure Management
• CVE 463 Construction Management
• ECO 202 Principles of Macroeconomics
• EGM 494 Special Topics in Engineering Management
• FIN 201 Fundamentals of Financial Management
• MCE 450 Energy Conservation and Management