- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Instructional Design Assistant-Office of Undergraduate Affairs and Instruction
The Office of Undergraduate Affairs and Instruction is seeking a full-time Instructional Design Assistant to provide administrative support for the Faculty Development Center, and instructional design support for instructional design initiatives.
Job Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Execute a variety of administrative, clerical, technical and service functions to assist the Director of the Faculty Development Center.
- Assist with special projects/initiatives, including workshops, symposia and special events.
- Support the development, review and design of instructional materials, accessible documents, videos and/or other resources for online courses in Blackboard.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Communication, Graphic Design, Marketing, Information Systems or related fields.
- Experience with or demonstrated interest in:
- Higher education instructional design, technology and teaching.
- Video editing/voice-over software.
- Conducting webinars.
- Website design.
- Proficiency in instructional design technologies, graphic design software and apps (such as Adobe Creative Cloud apps), and learning management systems (specifically Blackboard).
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage time well and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to new and rapidly changing situations.
- Creative, innovative and ability to work independently and in a team
- One year of experience
- Project administration experience
- Knowledge of assessment and evaluation methods
- Understanding of varied learning styles
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to [email protected]. The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139