- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Senior Human Resources Officer
The Senior Human Resources Officer will assist the Human Resources Manager with the running of monthly payroll activities to ensure timely and accurate payment. The position will serve as the first point of contact for employee payroll and benefit queries and manage onboarding and offboarding processing including contract administration.
- Assist HR Manager with running monthly payroll activities including advance payments, indemnities, overloads, stipends, starters/leavers, status changes, leaves and benefit administration to ensure timely and accurate payment.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation for Finance and audit compliance.
- Prepare routine and customized management reports, including impact analysis and forecasts.
- Assist the HR Manager in preparing end-of-year budget rolling.
- Manage and maintain payroll records and databases including Faculty Database, leave administration and records, benefit enrollment, employee personal records and files.
- Coordinate the medical and life insurance plans to ensure accurate addition/deletion of faculty and staff. Liaise with the insurance provider for medical approvals, reimbursements and reconciliation of accounts.
- Manage onboarding and offboarding processes including drafting and issuing contracts, benefit enrollment, preparing and processing final settlement of separating employees.
- Coordinate with the wider HR team and management to verify cost center information, appointment actions and resolve any salary discrepancies.
- Manage the pension and retirement scheme for UAE and GCC employees, corresponding in Arabic.
- Produce official letters including salary certificates and visa letters, in Arabic and English on request.
- Assume other responsibilities assigned by the Executive Director of Human Resources.
Qualifications, Job-Specific Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources with finance background.
- Minimum of four years of experience in an equivalent position, preferably in a higher education institution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in working with MS Office with expert level knowledge in MS Excel.
- Demonstrated experience of processing monthly payroll including benefit, contract and leaves administration.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience working in a human resource operation in the UAE through which knowledge of UAE laws and practices may have been acquired.
- Good working knowledge of ERP systems-Banner.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139