- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Teacher | Early Childhood Learning Center
The Teacher provides a stimulating, safe, and developmentally appropriate educational environment where children have the opportunity to develop cognitive, social, emotional and physical skills.
- Organizes and provides developmentally appropriate early childhood education programs, and plans and implements learning and education for children in the ECLC and Epicenter.
- Provides activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration and problem solving appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of children.
- Plans and prepares classroom setting; oversees safety and educational programs; supervises children in the classroom; provides a supportive environment in which children can learn and practice appropriate and acceptable individual and group behaviors.
- Interacts with parents and community groups; maintains open and cooperative communication with parents and families, encouraging their involvement in the program and supporting the child's family relationships.
- Writes and compiles individual assessments of each child's development; completes daily inventories, child attendance reports and related reports.
- Supervises children on field trips and other special events when required to ensure safety of the children.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures to ensure smooth functioning of the department.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or bachelor’s degree in addition to a diploma in early childhood education, such as CACHE Level 3
- Minimum of 3 years’ preschool experience
- Excellent communications skills in English, both oral and written. Arabic is an advantage
- Knowledge of early childhood education programs and techniques
- Knowledge of child development theory and practice
- Ability to evaluate, design and implement curriculum, testing and/or teaching methodologies
- Ability to provide activities for children that encourage healthy growth
- Knowledge of applicable safety procedures
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to [email protected].
The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139.