- Study at AUS
- Prospective Students
- Bachelor's Degrees
- Master's Degrees
- Doctoral Degrees
- Admission Publications
- International Students
- Contact Admissions
- Grants and Scholarships
- Sponsorship Liaison Services
- Testing Center
- New Student Guide
- File Completion
- New Student Orientation
- Payment Guide
- Executive Education
- Research and Graduate Studies
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
AUS Cyber Security Boot Camp (June 2014)
This three-day boot camp is intended for students and professionals who wish to expand their knowledge in computer and network security. You will learn about the latest cyber security threats and attacks against you whether at home or the office. You will find out who are the attackers and identify your weaknesses. You will learn about the latest methods to protect yourself from being hacked. You will learn what to do if you think you are ever hacked.
The boot camp will include lectures, live demonstrations, real‐world examples and interactive practical labs.
- What is Information Security?
- Hacker Types, Goals, Motivations and Targets
- Challenges of Securing Information
- Cyber Security Threats to Your Home and Organization
- Social Engineering and Identity Theft Attacks
- Password Security and Encryption
- Physical Security and Key Loggers
- Network Security and Viruses, Worms and Trojans
- Wireless and Mobile Security
- Web Security and Phishing Attacks
- Email Security and Spam Attacks
- Denial of Service Attacks
- What To Do (and Not Do) During An Incident
- How To Detect if You've Been Hacked
- How To Use the Internet Safely
For registration, visit http://www.uaecyberacademy.com/.
For more info, contact Dr. Fadi Aloul ([email protected]).