- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Out and about American University of Sharjah
By Rania Omer Al-Sakaf
Hello and welcome to American University of Sharjah (AUS)!
As you may know, AUS provides a lot of services to help make your experience at the university a pleasant one. One of those useful services is the transportation services. American University of Sharjah offers an intricate network of transportation for its students, faculty and staff to cater to their transportation needs here on campus as well as to some select off-campus destinations. So we would like to familiarize you with the various services offered by the university’s transportation department to help you get around on and off campus smoothly.
To commute around campus from the dorms to the AUS Library, academic buildings, student center, etc., you need to check out the on campus shuttle bus service. The free service has various pick up and drop off points around the campus. The blue and red routes along with their schedule is shown in the below tables.
Matajer and Sharjah Co-op
For those of you who like to get their weekly groceries from Matajer or Sharjah Co-op, we have a free shuttle bus service every Sunday and Wednesday. The schedule is shown below:
If you are coming from Sharjah to AUS, then you can take the University City buses, which are free of charge. This service is only for students with AUS IDs. Below are the bus stops and timings:
- King Faisal Route: passes by Al Taawun (Creative Science Center, Afamia Supermarket, Qasba and Union Insurance). Time: 6:05, 7:35, 8:45 and 9:45 am.
- Al Khan (front of Car Service Station and Adnoc), Jamal Abdul Nasser Street (Halabi Factory, Gref Mandi, Levantine Sweets, opposite Al Majaz Park and opposite Kalha Restaurant), Corniche Street (front of KFC), King Faisal Mosque, Abdul Aziz Street (front of Mashreq Bank), Mega Mall, Estiqlal Street (opposite Sinbad Bakery), Jesco Supermarket, Halwan, Samnan and Shahba. Time: 6:15, 8:00, 8:30, 9:00, 9:30 and 10:00 a.m.
- Al Heera Route: passes by Verona Resort (near Rona Fashion), Al Heera Police Station, Fisht Garden, Ibn Owf (Old Maroor), near Kuwaiti Hospital and Al Kitab (Cultural) roundabout. Time: 6:30, 8:00, 9:00 and 10:00 a.m.
If you are going to Sharjah from AUS, the University City bus pick up point is in front of the main entrance roundabout. Buses return to the King Faisal and Al Heera routes from 12:00 / 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. every hour.
For more details check the University City bus service website.
We operate shuttle buses from Etisalat and Rashidiya metro stations from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm on regular class days and final exam days. Please note that the bus schedule changes during summer and non-regular class days. Also, the shuttle does not operate between the end of summer session and the beginning of orientation week in addition to some official university holidays. So, keep an eye on our schedule updates and announcements before any official holiday.
These are not free services and you will need tickets to board. You can buy day tickets from cashier. A book of five tickets costs AED 50 and a book of 10 tickets costs AED 90. Season tickets can be ordered through banner.
Abu Dhabi/ Al Ain
If you want to go to Abu Dhabi or Al Ain, then you can take one of the buses that leaves the campus on Thursdays.
- Buses to Abu Dhabi leave at 4:15 pm and 6:15 pm from the Women’s Residential Halls bus stop and at 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm from the Men’s Residential Halls East bus stop.
- Buses to Al Ain leave at 5:15 pm from the Women’s Residential Halls bus stop and at 5:30 pm from the Men’s Residential Halls East bus stop.
Buses return to AUS from Abu Dhabi and Al Ain on Saturdays at 5:30 pm. Bus passes can be ordered through banner and picked up from the transportation office.
If you need further details or assistance regarding any of our provided services, please check the American University of Sharjah transportation webpage. Or stop by our office at the AUS Main Building, Mezzanine Floor, Office number MM16.
Rania Omer Al-Sakaf is a Continous Improvement Analyst at American University of Sharjah Office of Operations.
Visit www.aus.edu for more information about American University of Sharjah.