- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Office Manager- CEN
The College of Engineering Office Manager is a full-time staff member who reports to the Dean of Engineering and is responsible for day-to-day functions of the dean’s office. A positive attitude, collegiality, leadership, flexibility, creative problem solving, and strong organization and analytical skills are essential requirements for this position.
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the Office of the Dean and ensure that office is operating smoothly—coordinating support staff as needed to accomplish college objectives.
- Assist the dean with oversight and reconciliation of the college budget.
- Assist with developing and dissemination of Office of the Dean communications.
- Assist with purchase orders for the dean and department heads.
- Oversee the dean’s schedule to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Assist with travel arrangements for the dean and department heads.
- Lead college project management efforts among college support staff to ensure tasks are completed by established deadlines and efficiently.
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems.
- Organize meetings, manage agendas and disseminate notes to constituents.
- Prepare for and greet VIPs meeting with the dean, including arranging any technical and/or logistical support prior to guest arrival.
- Perform receptionist duties: greet visitors, and answer and direct phone calls.
- Work with the dean and department heads to create a positive morale/culture in the college.
- Provide direct supervision to two Office of Dean support staff and matrix supervision to support staff in the departments of Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; some advanced education preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a senior level administrative position, ideally in higher education.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced written communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting/budgeting procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of a complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple projects and assignments effectively.
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact and resourcefulness.
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
- Supervisory skills.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to email@example.com. The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139