- Contact Us
- Apply Now
CAAD Lab Specialist-Media Labs
CAAD Lab Specialist is a full-time position reporting to the Director of CAAD Labs. The Labs Specialist is responsible for instructional, technical and operational support for one of CAAD Labs’ groups (Material Labs, Fabrication Labs, and Media Labs).
In this position, the CAAD Labs Media Specialist is responsible for the development and management of the Photography Lighting Studio, Darkroom and Printmaking Studio primarily. There is a wide range of responsibilities that cater to those three labs as well as other duties to assist with general lab development. These labs are often fully booked and serve CAAD students from all levels as well as faculty.
- Provides individual instruction during regular lab operating hours through demonstrations, orientations, and training sessions on lab processes and use.
- Manages lab equipment and consumables inventory, and assists in making orders for new supplies.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance, inspection and repairs to ensure smooth operation.
- Provides course support functions as requested by CAAD academic departments.
- Ensures that the labs meet and maintain requisite safety standards.
- Monitors and supports student access to CAAD’s Photography Lighting Studio, Darkroom and Printmaking Lab.
- Troubleshoots and assists students with Photography and Printmaking Studio practices.
- Coordinates and manages the lab’s online reservation system.
- Assists in the production of promotional materials and website development.
- Releases job files for students on special equipment.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution in photography, printmaking, art and design or a relevant field of study.
- Functional competency and knowledge in the areas of photography and printmaking.
- Strong English communication and writing skills.
- Preferred basic knowledge in audio/video equipment.
- Preferred working knowledge in design software applications.
- Proactive and willing to develop and acquire new skills.
- Able and willing to work extra and/or flexible hours at peak times during the semester.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to [email protected].
The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139