- Research and Graduate Studies
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Female Wellness Coach (6-month Internship) | Wellness Services
The Wellness Coach will improve health and wellness awareness and help contribute to healthy lifestyles within the AUS community. The position will develop and deliver engaging initiatives to increase involvement of the children through sports and team building exercises.
- Plan and deliver a variety of fitness classes including Circuits, Indoor Cycling (Spinning) and Bootcamp style classes, ensuring the participants remain motivated and safe throughout.
- Plan, deliver and supervise a wide range of activities for children at the Epicenter including PE style sessions.
- Form a strong, mentor like relationship with the children of the Epicenter and the Early Childhood Learning Center, following the Epicenter motto of MEET (Motivate, Engage, Encourage and Teach).
- Plan and deliver Wellness initiatives within the AUS Community which support the AUS Wellness Program.
- Supervise the Leisure Centre Gym and Pool during Lifeguard duties.
- Handle daily maintenance checks at all facilities including the tennis center, basketball courts, and AstroTurf football pitches.
- Work closely with the external coaches within the facility to make sure the community users are enjoying the coaching and facilities.
- Participate and organize community sports or leisure events on behalf of the Wellness Services to encourage engagement and enjoyment.
- Promote the AUS Wellness Program and Wellness events on social media platforms.
- Produce daily reports and analysis of activities.
- Report any maintenance issues and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Enforce health and safety rules at Wellness facilities and during Wellness events to ensure a safe and respectful environment.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Competent swimmer and willingness to complete a lifeguard qualification.
- Recent valid DBS certificate.
- Confident in leading group exercise classes, handling events and managing a large group of children.
- Intuitive and creative in offering a range of activities to keep both children and adults engaged in sport and wellness.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing roles and responsibilities where resource demands change.
- Adaptable to new environments and cultures.
- Able to interact with a diverse community.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organized, self-motivated and proactive.
- Able to work as a team and independently.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Level 2 Fitness Instructing qualification.
- Lifeguard qualification.
- Coaching or Leadership Level 1 Certificate.
- Indoor cycling (Spinning) qualification.
- Experience in coaching a variety of sports.
- Experience within a gym/fitness environment.
- Experience of working with children.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should fill out this form.
Should your candidacy for employment be successful, you must provide documentation of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before you will be able to access academic or administrative areas at AUS. Due to the time it takes to become fully vaccinated, you may want to begin that process as soon as possible if you haven't already.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. Opportunities for employment are based solely upon one’s qualifications.