- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Part-Time IT Specialist
The Department of ICT & IT Security at American University of Sharjah invites applications for the position of IT Specialist. The successful candidate is expected to provide high-quality educational technology and IT user support to AUS faculty, staff and students. This position will report to the Director of Education Technology and Support.
- Provide support for classroom and lab technologies.
- Provide first-line Blackboard support.
- Support on-premise and SaaS academic applications.
- Manage and support desktop and application virtualization solutions.
- Develop and deliver IT training and workshops as needed.
- Install, configure and maintain computer hardware, software and peripherals.
- Plan, manage and implement IT equipment preventive maintenance.
- Assist in the implementation of AUS-approved security procedures and the security awareness program.
- Participate in IT projects as needed.
- Create and maintain an educational technology and IT support knowledge base.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues involving office productivity tools, operating systems, hardware, software, academic servers, local network, video conferencing and collaboration tools, video streaming, digital technologies, lecture capture, educational media, Google mail and apps, Office 365 tools, and other academic technologies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- IT certifications in related technologies (e.g., VMware VCP, CISSP, Linux+, AWS/Azure, MCSE, SCCM, ITIL, Apple ACSP, PMP, Network+, CCNA, A+).
- Knowledge of educational technology products.
- Knowledge of Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and to effectively work with faculty, staff and students on the use of technology.
- Knowledge of IoT, AI, big data analytics, cloud computing, R and Python.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-demand environment.
- Adaptable to change and have great critical-thinking skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
How to apply
Applicants with a valid resident visa can send their application to: [email protected] mentioning the job ad in the subject line.
The selected applicant with a valid resident visa should provide AUS with a Letter of No Objection from their sponsor before joining.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139.