- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Administrative Coordinator | Student Engagement and Leadership Department
The Administrative Coordinator will provide overall support to the Student Engagement and Leadership Department (SELD) and its departmental teams. The coordinator will oversee the day-to-day tasks to ensure smooth operation of the director’s office.
- Provide overall support to the Director of SELD for student services, including scheduling, correspondence, meeting preparation, taking minutes and other duties as assigned.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the director’s office and perform a wide variety of administrative support and coordination activities.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the departmental teams of Student Clubs and Organizations, Student Leadership Program, Community Service and Outreach, On-Campus Student Employment and the Student Center.
- Coordinate, gather and compile information from departmental teams to generate the department’s weekly, monthly reports, assessment reports, facts and figures, and newsletter contributions.
- Provide support to daily departmental activities including the supervision of on- and off-campus student events and activities when needed.
- Promote events and activities through social media and news articles. Create posts for the OSA social media platforms and write news articles for distinguished events.
- Collaborate with other AUS administrative units to perform a wide variety of tasks including procurement of goods, transportation requests, media support, staff training and development, leaves and others.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Director of SELD.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in a similar position
- Computer literate with high aptitude for technology
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, problem-solving, decision-making and communication skills
- Strong English communication and writing skills
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in a higher education work environment
- Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to [email protected].
The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139.