- Research and Graduate Studies
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Career Services Coordinator (Part-time) | Office of Advancement and Alumni Affairs
The Coordinator will assist in providing AUS alumni and students with job opportunities including assisting with developing career objectives, job search techniques and career-training workshops. The position will build and maintain relationships with corporate partners.
- Assist in providing AUS alumni and students with job opportunities, internships and part-time work experiences through connections with governmental entities, multinational and local companies
- Reach out periodically to companies and recruiters to learn about the job opportunities, graduate programs and internships for AUS students and graduates
- Organize and attend meetings with prospective corporate partners, discuss different types of collaborations, and develop relationships of mutual benefits with corporate partners
- Circulate resumes to reputable companies proactively in order to provide career opportunities to alumni and graduating seniors
- Support the companies to advertise jobs to their targeted audience, shortlist the profiles of candidates, arrange interviews, and follow up on final placements.
- Communicate with corporate partners to promote current and upcoming career events hosted by the Career Services at AUS
- Provide one-on-one and group career counseling sessions for students and alumni.
- Review CVs of students and alumni
- Assist students and alumni with developing their career objectives as well as the relevant skills for their intended careers or jobs
- Assist with job placements and internships by recommending companies or careers
- Assess the job search process and advise students and alumni adequately to achieve their employability goals
- Deliver career-training workshops for students and alumni.
- Contact alumni and students for potential career opportunities, internships and invite them to attend workshops by employers and professionals.
- Assist with event logistics and organization as per the directives of the Manager
- Assist other OAAA staff members on other events organized by the Office
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated success in event management and workshop delivery
- Working knowledge of creating and using social media platforms
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experienced in data mining and visualization
- Enthusiastic, passionate and self-motivated
- Ability to manage time, juggle multiple priorities and problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work independently and as part of a team
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills Preferred
- Verbal and written Arabic communication skills
- Experienced in using Symplicity
- Experienced in Excel, Tableau
How to Apply
- Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to [email protected] mentioning the position they are applying for in the email subject line.
- Should your candidacy for employment be successful, you must provide documentation of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before you will be able to access academic or administrative areas at AUS. Due to the time it takes to become fully vaccinated, you may want to begin that process as soon as possible if you haven't already.
- AUS alumni are encouraged to apply. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. Opportunities for employment are based solely upon one’s qualifications.