- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Director | Academic Support Center
American University of Sharjah seeks an experienced Director, Academic Support Center to join our team. Reporting to the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Affairs and Instruction, the Director will manage all operations of the Academic Support Center.
The Academic Support Center is tasked with providing academic support to students on academic probation, first-year students, students of determination and students who have not declared a major. The center also identifies and supports students in the student body at large who are at risk of struggling academically.
- Supervising advisors and overseeing advising for students on academic probation.
- Managing the advising of students whose major is undeclared.
- Providing academic accommodations for students of determination.
- Overseeing the process of identifying “at-risk” students and intervening accordingly.
- Providing a range of academic support activities and events for the student body at large.
- Consulting with AUS staff, faculty and their departments to ensure appropriate and effective use of Academic Support Center services.
- Managing the First-Year Experience Program and providing tailored academic support for first-year students.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 7 years' similar experience in the field of academic support within higher education.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree
- 10 years’ experience working in the field of academic support within higher education.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to [email protected].
The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139