- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Director | International Exchange Office
American University of Sharjah seeks an experienced Director, International Exchange Office to manage and direct all operations of the International Exchange Office including arrangement of agreements, and implementation of programs related to international student and faculty exchange and international student and faculty visitors.
- Create high-quality study abroad opportunities for AUS undergraduate students and as appropriate students in selected graduate programs.
- Oversee planning of events and management of logistical issues for visiting and exchange students who come to AUS from other institutions.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure the orderly and fair selection of AUS students who are qualified for and who can benefit from focused overseas study opportunities.
- Develop and maintain program materials and exchange agreements with appropriate organizations and institutions abroad to ensure that AUS keeps abreast of the changing developments in the IXO arena.
- Develop and manage orientation programs for AUS students who are planning to study abroad and for exchange students attending AUS to ensure that the students are ready to meet the various cultural circumstances.
- Consult with and advise students, faculty, staff and parents about study abroad opportunities to ensure that all parties are updated on a regular basis.
- Oversee the efficient running of all IXO office operations, including but not limited to, provision of reports, staff appraisals, budget management and hiring of student workers.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 7 years’ similar experience in international exchange
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Master's degree
- 10 years’ experience working in the field of international exchange
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to [email protected].
The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139.