- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Financial Grants Officer
The Office of Financial Grants and Scholarships seeks a Financial Grants Officer to perform as per the following job responsibilities and qualifications.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and professional demeanor.
- Respond to a high volume of in-person, email and telephone inquiries regarding Merit Scholarships, Financial Grants, Family Tuition Grants and/or any other AUS scholarships.
- Independently manage all grants/ scholarships applications.
- Collect, evaluate and process all grants/scholarships applications received. Review applications for accuracy and truthfulness.
- Correspond with applicants regarding file status.
- Issue letters to students such as offer letters, rejection letters, renewal letters, etc.
- Enter data regarding all grants/scholarships on Banner.
- Counsel students on all acceptances and other matters related directly to Merit Scholarships, financial grants/other scholarships.
- Create and maintain files for all students receiving grants/scholarships.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Financial Grants and Scholarships.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Four–year degree or two-year degree with a minimum of three years of experience in the administrative field or other relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; Arabic is an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Flexible, detail-oriented, proactive, pleasant, trustworthy and diligent.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as salary certificates, and profit and loss/financial statement documents.
- Ability to work well under pressure, during late hours and on weekends whenever required. Flexible in work schedule and assignments.
- Ability to function independently and as part of a small team.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to [email protected]. The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139