- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Information Literacy Librarian | University Library
The American University of Sharjah Library seeks an innovative, self-starting Information Literacy Librarian to join our team and deliver effective student-centered library and information services through various modes.
The IL Librarian will work collaboratively to develop and deliver quality information literacy and digital literacy instruction to students, liaise with faculty to embed resources into the curriculum, and provide individualized support to our community.
Reporting to the Associate University Librarian for Public Services, the incumbent will develop instructional tools to further the library’s teaching and learning goals and will work in close collaboration with teaching faculty. They will identify opportunities for outreach and partnerships on campus (particularly first-year experiences) that engage and support undergraduate student success.
- Lead the provision of information literacy and assessment of student learning for continuous IL programming improvement.
- Support opportunities for first-year outreach and other initiatives that improve student success.
- Engage with faculty and library colleagues to integrate information, digital, and data literacy concepts and skills into the curriculum.
- Fulfill departmental liaison responsibilities, including collection development and maintenance, instruction and other professional activities.
- Provide reference assistance (face-to-face and virtual).
- Foster and maintain strong links and networks with regional and international partners and within the sector, showcasing and disseminating best practice.
- American Library Association accredited master's degree in library and information studies or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of instruction and reference experience.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated teaching ability and strong commitment to student learning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the ACRL Standards and Framework for Information Literacy, alongside effective IL pedagogies and assessment strategies.
- Ability to create student-focused instructional materials and to utilize appropriate digital resources (such as learning management software and LibGuides) to facilitate instructional goals.
- Strong service orientation, flexibility and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work within a diverse multicultural environment.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to [email protected].
The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139