- Contact Us
- Apply Now
The MEP Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of duties. These include overseeing the maintenance of MEP systems, including all subcontractors and government entities in coordination with the Safety and Security Department, PMO and end users.
* Coordinating work activities between the six-member MEP services team as well as all subcontractors and relevant government entities.
* Assigning the following work related to MEP systems in the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to technical staff or subcontractors:
- Air Condition
- Swimming pool
- Pumps and water tanks
- Fire fighting
- Other MEP-related subcontractors’ work
* Assigning daily PPM tasks for staff through the CMMS system.
* Preparing material requisitions and follow up with suppliers/procurement.
* Arranging supply of non-store materials from the local market.
* Attending to site-related MEP issues and providing solutions.
* Coordinating and managing all MEP work as required, in coordination with the manager and site team.
* Preparing the scope of work for MEP activities for small projects.
* Preparing reports for required work.
* Arranging and managing projects as assigned, related to maintenance.
* Providing site feedback for ongoing project works related to maintenance.
* Inspecting on going renovation works and providing feedback/suggestions.
* Suggesting improvements to MEP systems.
* Managing all records and reports (hard and soft copy).
* Managing MEP staff and subcontractors including regular meetings with the manager.
* Reporting to the MEP manager and coordinating site inspections for outsourcing work.
* Preparing site documents related to MEP maintenance work.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
* Diploma in technical services or equal in relevant field.
* Five years minimum proven experience in relevant field.
* Problem solving skills.
* Continuous learning and self-development.
* Ability to manage people and coordinate with end-users.
* Ability to work with a team.
* Possess knowledge of safety procedures.
* Possess high work standards/quality knowledge.
* Excellent communication skills in English.
* Know Microsoft Office Suite.
* Have experience in CMMS.
* A good working knowledge in and experience of MEP systems associated with buildings is a must.
* UAE driving license is a must.
* Professional training in MEP field
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to [email protected].
The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139