- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Post-Doctoral Research Assistant (PDRA) – College of Engineering
The College of Engineering at American University of Sharjah, UAE, is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Assistant to work on a project related to co-optimization of the water and electricity infrastructures in the UAE. The project is managed by Dr. Mostafa Shaaban, Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering at AUS
The research work will focus on two aspects:
- developing models for the water distribution networks, encompassing the full stream from production to point of use including the different desalination units
- combining the developed water distribution network model with the electric grid models for optimal operation of co-generation power plants
Required Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate a broad and deep understanding of mathematical modeling of water networks, water desalination, and optimization fundamentals coupled with strong mathematical and simulations skills and excellent oral and written English communication skills. He/she must have a proven track record of publications in top-tier journals. Academic excellence, independence, motivation, professional work ethics, initiative-driven traits and leadership potential are expected. Experience of interaction with and mentoring of graduate students is also expected.
The appointment duration will be for a two-year period starting in September 1, 2020. The selected candidate will be initially appointed for one year with renewal after the first year, contingent upon satisfactory performance and expected progress measured in terms of publications.
Interested candidates should submit a complete application package to [email protected].
A complete application includes:
- a full CV, including publication record
- a short cover letter outlining the candidate’s major interests, strengths, achievements and his/her suitability for the position
- names of two references that will be contacted only if the candidate is shortlisted
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.