- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Post-Doctoral Research Associate-College of Engineering
A research project funded by American University of Sharjah (AUS), UAE, is seeking a Post-Doctoral Research Associate to work on a project for Satellite-Based Coastal Monitoring Systems.
Dr. Tarig A Ali is seeking a highly motivated Post-Doctoral Research Associate with a “can-do” attitude. This individual must be able to utilize geospatial technologies including geospatial analysis and remote sensing software packages to provide technical support for multi- and cross-disciplinary geospatial research. Typical tasks would include, but are not limited to, geospatial analysis, remotes sensing image interpretation, analysis and processing, map composition, plotting and production, and documentation, including report assembly.
The successful candidate must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Perform moderately complex geospatial analysis tasks using ESRI software involving both standard and automated processes.
- Use ArcGIS and various Arc modules such as Production Mapping and Spatial Analyst for moderately complex database builds.
- Assess, integrate, manipulate, exploit, extract and analyze information from digital imagery and geospatial databases.
- Process/analyze data from various satellite sensors including SeaWiFS, MERIS, MODIS, LANDSAT, WorldView, etc.
- Use remote sensing, spatial analysis and geospatial skills to construct multi-source geospatial intelligence databases.
- Performs moderately in-depth imagery and terrain analysis to produce high-quality geo-positioning solutions by performing mensuration and triangulation to generate precise point measurement of control points over remotely sensed imagery using a SOCET SET workstation.
- PhD related to the fields of mapping, geospatial or remote sensing.
- Experience in analyzing data from various satellite sensors including SeaWiFS, MERIS, MODIS, LANDSAT, WorldView, etc.
- Experience in advanced processing regional ocean color data using SeaDAS, ENVI-IDL, Matlaband/or other data processing software packages.
- Demonstrated ability to process, analyze and model data in geospatial software including ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine, ENVI-IDL, Matlab, SeaDAS.
- Experience in at least one of the geospatial sciences and knowledge of airborne/satellite imagery.
- Working knowledge of Python Scripting.
- Demonstrated experience in geospatial analysis using ESRI software.
The appointment duration will be for a one-year period with a possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance based on progress measured in terms of research productivity and publications.
Interested candidates should submit a complete application package to email@example.com.
A complete application includes:
- A full CV showing all publications.
- A short cover letter outlining the candidate’s major interests and strengths, along with the candidate’s reasons for applying, achievements and his/her suitability for the position.
- Names of two references that might be contacted only if the candidate is shortlisted.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.