- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
The Pump Technician's responsibilities includes operating and maintaining the booster pumps installed at various location in the campus and to maintain the smooth and adequate supply of fresh water to the entire AUS community. The technician is also responsible for maintaining the firefighting equipment for the safety of the community.
- Checking the proper level of water of main water tanks in the campus.
- Visiting the site if the level is alarmingly low, operating the in-line pump to boost the supply from the SEWA main source, informing the manager if there is any issue concerning the water level.
- Ensuring smooth operation of the water tank and booster pumps by monitoring throughout the day to assure adequate supply of water on the campus.
- Monitoring of float assembly.
- Checking float switch assembly and replacing if faulty to avoid water wastage.
- Attending service calls concerning water supply interruption.
- Checking the booster pump operation and accessories, rectifying the fault in electronic variable drive system, pressurized vessel tanks and re-pressurizing with air if needed.
- Following up on work requests regarding interrupted water supply.
- Check the fire and booster pumps on the campus.
- Visiting the sites for inspection of pumps and electrical panels with electronic drive system for any abnormality and rectify if there is any issue, in order to maintain the campus water supply.
- Checking fire extinguisher and fire hose reels in the residential halls.
- Visiting the site and checking the fire extinguishers, replacing if necessary, including hose nozzles, and repairing if leaking, to ensure that all fire extinguishers are working well.
- Periodic test run for diesel engine and electric fire pumps system.
- Operating both the pumps at full load, correcting any minor problems and reporting issues to foreman/manager to assure the firefighting equipment is in good working condition.
- Checking of Sport Complex and Leisure Centre pumps,
- Checking the pump for clogged filters, leakage, cleaning the filters and checking amps of motor.
- Ensuring the smooth operation of the Jacuzzi pumps at Leisure Center.
- Preventive maintenance of all the booster and fire pumps on the AUS campus:
- Dismantling the booster pumps, servicing, replacing leaking mechanical seals/rubber glands and bearings of pump/motor to reduce corrective maintenance calls and provide cost savings.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Technical course certification
- Able to communicate and write in English
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience
- Team work skills
- Good oral communication
- Problem solving skills
- Safety and security awareness
- Age: Should be below 40 years
- Diploma in relevant field
- Certificates in relevant profession
- Driving licenses (preferable)
- More than five years of relevant experience
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to [email protected]. The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139