- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Senior Manager Internship and Placement- CEN
Under the general direction of the Dean of Engineering, and working closely with the offices of Strategic Communications and Marketing (SCM), and Alumni and Advancement (OAAA), the Senior Manager Internship and Placement coordinates a full range of activities related to the promotion and marketing of the College of Engineering’s (CEN) education and research programs, and to practice-based experiential learning with external constituents.
- Oversee content of the CEN web pages. Manage and create content as needed. Coordinate with other content managers and creators across the college, the CEN webmaster and the SCM team.
- Coordinate with the SCM team on promoting CEN’s education and research programs, i.e., on press releases, articles for specific publications, blog posts and others. Create content as needed.
- Coordinate with the SCM team on social media coverage of CEN, and on creating and updating CEN promotional materials, such as brochures, roll-up banners and the CEN newsletter.
- Coordinate with the SCM team on student recruitment activities, such as college open days and college representation at student recruitment events.
- Initiate and manage relationships with external private and public partners for internships, co-advisement of Senior Design Projects, Open Innovation and Collaborative Research and Development projects.
- Placing students from across CEN in internships and serving as the primary manager of the Simplicity management software. Develop and maintain communication campaigns to disseminate internship and placement information to students and alumni.
- Equip students with workplace and professional skills through conducting workshops and seminars on relevant topics in coordination with OAAA.
- Create events and initiatives that are pertinent to CEN alumni in coordination with OAAA. Interface with the college chapters of the AUS Alumni Association.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Dean of Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, management or related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a similar position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree.
- Experience in the higher education industry.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to email@example.com. The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139