- Research and Graduate Studies
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Event Coordinator | Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing
Home > Event Coordinator | Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing
The Event Coordinator will assist the Event Manager to coordinate all elements of internal and external events.
- Work with the Event Manager to coordinate all elements of internal and external events, including consultation, planning, venue selection, agenda development, event flow, event promotion, stand collateral, registration, printing, shipping, follow up, etc.
- Ensure on-site event set-up, decoration, registration coordination, AV testing, speaker management, etc.
- Collaborate with speakers to confirm participation at events and conferences.
- Manage speakers’ bios, details, travel, accommodation and other logistics.
- Coordinate and manage event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinate event catering.
- Negotiate and secure event space.
- Create and manage invitee lists, invitations and manage RSVPs.
- Maintain inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers and other display materials.
- Coordinate event lead generation and attendees’ lists.
- Coordinate the room reservation system to monitor and approve rooms as needed.
- Coordinate the AUS Discount Program by updating the existing list of vendors and identify new vendors to join the program.
- Contact existing discount program vendors for contract renewals.
- Perform other related tasks assigned by management.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in event planning and management or relevant field of study.
- Two+ years of relevant work experience in events.
- Demonstrated success in event management and project management.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to [email protected] mentioning the position they are applying for in the email subject line.
- Should your candidacy for employment be successful, you must provide documentation of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before you will be able to access academic or administrative areas at AUS. Due to the time it takes to become fully vaccinated, you may want to begin that process as soon as possible if you haven't already.
- AUS alumni are encouraged to apply. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. Opportunities for employment are based solely upon one’s qualifications.