- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Female Lifeguard – Part Time
The lifeguard will oversee the operation of the swimming pool and ensure the safety of users. This includes maintaining constant surveillance of the users in the pool and acting immediately to secure safety of users in the event of emergency. Additionally, the lifeguard will report any complaints, incidents or maintenance issues occurring both at the pool and the adjacent Leisure Center Gymnasium.
- Performing lifeguarding duties efficiently by keeping vigil and proper surveillance.
- Supervising swimmers.
- Spotting hazards and preventing accidents.
- Giving advice on water safety.
- Controlling unruly behavior.
- Conducting water rescue.
- Maintaining water hygiene.
- Enforcing pool rules and regulations.
- Providing first aid, including CPR.
- Maintaining the adjacent gymnasium.
- Lifeguard Certificate (training will be provided)
- CPR Certificate
- The following tasks to be completed to a satisfactory standard:
- Ability to jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 meters in less than 60 seconds
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Swim 400m in a recommended time of eight minutes
- Run at least 400m
Applicants with a valid resident visa can send their application to [email protected] mentioning the job ad in the subject line.
The selected applicant with a valid resident visa should provide AUS with a Letter of No Objection from their sponsor before joining.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139.