- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Laboratory Instructor - Physics
The Physics Laboratory Instructor is expected to carry out a variety of laboratory and teaching activities as well as faculty research-assistance duties. He/she will also assist in departmental outreach activities and other tasks as assigned by the department head.
- Teach laboratory sessions.
- Give pre-laboratory presentations.
- Administer and grade laboratory quizzes.
- Grade laboratory reports.
- Assist students with various aspects of course work.
- Prepare and try out experiments.
- Monitor completion of work assignments.
- Keep a logbook of all experiments performed.
- Handle recording of grades and attendance.
- Assist in orders for supplies and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with the university’s safety regulations and respond immediately to any violations, potentially hazardous situations or dangerous behavior.
- Support faculty with laboratory-related, research and outreach activities.
- Substitute for other laboratory instructors as needed.
- Proctor exams with faculty, whenever needed.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the head of department.
- Master’s degree in physics, or other closely related disciplines, obtained in the last six years.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in physics laboratories.
- Excellent (spoken, written and reading) communication skills in English.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Programing experience and acquaintance with data-acquisition software are preferred.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to staffrecr[email protected]. The position applied for should be mentioned in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet specified requirements will not be shortlisted.
AUS alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions.
AUS is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with us depends solely upon your qualifications.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: AUS complies with the US Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform job-related functions. If you are given a conditional offer of employment, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and undergo a medical examination, and all information will be kept confidential and in separate files.
American University of Sharjah, Human Resources PO Box 26666, Sharjah, UAE, Fax: +971 6 515 2139.