- Life at AUS
- Contact Us
- Apply Now
Dr. Bassam Mahboub
- Consultant Pulmonologist & Head of Pulmonary Medicine, Dubai Health Authority, UAE
- Assistant Dean at the College of Medicine, Sharjah University, UAE
- Associate Clinical Professor, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sharjah
- Associate Research Fellow at Meakins Respiratory Centre, McGill University, Canada
- Head of Emirates Allergy and Respiratory Society
- Head of Gulf Thoracic
Dr. Bassam Mahboub is a consultant pulmonologist and head of the pulmonary medicine unit at Dubai Health Authority, where he is leading the innovation hub for care model innovation. He is American Board certified in internal medicine, pulmonology, and allergy and clinical immunology. He also has a Master of Business Administration from Wolverhampton University.
Dr. Bassam's career goal is health innovation and respiratory care, and leadership in academic and clinical sciences. His areas of interest are patient care, clinical teaching, translation research in airway diseases, and health innovation. He is coeditor for Annals of Thoracic Medicine. His publications include TB Current Issues Diagnosis and Management (Editor 2013), Respiratory Disease and Infection: New Insight (Editor 2013), Chapters: "Steroids in Asthma: Friend or Foe" in the book Corticosteroids – New Recognition of our Familiar Friend from INTEC PUBLISHER.
Dr. Bassam has received various recognitions for his role as physician, innovation leader and researcher from Dubai Health Authority.